Deaf Aotearoa Facilitators work alongside Deaf and hard-of-hearing people to identify employment goals and develop plans to achieve those goals.
Facilitators provide a range of information and respect the decisions of the Deaf and hard-of-hearing person. Facilitators can provide support with:
- job seeking
- applying for Workbridge funding
- ensuring New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) interpreting services are provided at your job interviews and at work
- checking what skills are needed to achieve goals
- looking at study and training options
- researching on funding options
- information on accessing training or study funding.