All expectant and new mums, whether its your first baby or your 10th!
Partners, families, whanau, aiga and other supporters who play a role in supporting and encouraging mums to breastfeed.
Maternity carers and other health professionals and support groups who have a role in supporting and encouraging mums to breastfeed.
Chapter 1: Preparing for Birth
- Health benefits of breastfeeding and how it helps protect form infections
- Planning for breastfeeding
Chapter 2: Birth – Initiaiting Early Feeds
- The first breastfeeds
- The importance of skin-to-skin contact
Chapter 3: A Good Latch – Early Days
- Practical advice and approaches to establishing breastfeeding
- The art and science of a good latch
- What to expect – dealing with early difficulties
Chapter 4: Managing Challenges
- Practical explanations and solutions to common breastfeeding challenges
Chapter 5: Out and About
- Getting out and about with baby
Chapter 6: For Partners, Family and Supporters
- Ways others can help make breastfeeding easier and more enjoyable for mum and baby
Chapter 7: Returning to Work
- Planning with your employer to return to work and continue breastfeeding