Adult Community Education
We continue to provide community education courses throughout Aotearoa. Courses are arranged to meet the local needs of the Deaf community, as well as online courses that are available to Deaf throughout the country. Adult community education is an opportunity for us to gather and learn in NZSL in a culturally appropriate setting. COVID settings meant that we could not carry out some of the planned courses.
THE COURSES WERE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Technology – online scams, how to use Zoom, Smartphones, online banking and shopping
- Te Ao Māori – Matariki, flax weaving, how to cook a Hangi, Kuini’s bouquet
- Health – first aid courses, bowel cancer, understanding dementia, diabetes, menopause, prostate cancer, getting through COVID
- Employment – workplace safety, learners license, barista skills, food safety, apprenticeships
- Community connections – Rainbow community