By becoming a member you will:
- Help us represent the Deaf community on issues of national importance.
- Receive documentation for upcoming General Meetings.
Your membership support makes it possible for us to:
- Preserve and expand Deaf awareness, culture, language and heritage efforts.
- Advocate for the civil rights of Deaf and hearing-impaired New Zealanders, including legal, employment, health care, emergency services and education access, such as the 111 TXT service.
- Develop future Deaf and hearing-impaired leaders through youth programmes and services.
- Work towards communication access, including technology, visual media and telecommunications accessibility.
- Strengthen Deaf Aotearoa’s representation base and provide influence on public policy, legislation and advocacy issues.
- Handle public enquiries and referrals.
- And much more!
To join as a member of Deaf Aoteraoa, please complete the membership form below. Alternatively, you can download a PDF version of the Deaf Aotearoa Membership Form and send it back to us.