Outdoor First Aid
12th December8:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
Outdoor First Aid Course If you’re planning camping this xmas, or need outdoor first aid, this workshop maybe useful.
The tutor is from an organisation that focusses on safety and emergency management and training in the outdoors.
· Accident site management
· Patient assessment
· CPR and basic life support
· Fracture assessment and treatment, bleeding and wounds
· Spinal assessment and treatment
· Head injuries / Concussions
· Common medical conditions
· Environmental management eg weather and maybe in forest?
This one-day course, and will have Unit Standards – NZQA credit What needs bring? Mask, comfortable clothes, jacket and boots if practicing scenarios outside, own lunch, pen and paper.
Hall booking requirements: you need to show Jessie your COVID vaccination certificate. If you’re not sure how? Welcome to contact Deaf Aotearoa or Jessie. Need contact Jessie to book, limited spaces.