- This event has passed.
16th April - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
With an interview-style panel the Bootcamp will provide you with the tools you need to meet with your local MP and tell them how to create positive change for the disability community. The General Election is 14 October 2023, so it’s more important than ever to make sure our voices are heard.
The Campaigner’s Bootcamp will cover a range of topics, including:
- Understanding the political landscape in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Developing effective advocacy strategies
- Building relationships with your local MP and other decision makers
- Using social media and other communication tools to amplify our message
- What you can do to help strengthen the Accessibility Bill currently before Parliament
Whether you’re a seasoned disability advocate or just getting started, this Campaigner’s Bootcamp is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to make a real difference. It’s also a great opportunity to connect with other supporters who are passionate about putting accessibility at the heart of a more inclusive Aotearoa New Zealand.
Check out the parliamentary petition delivery photo gallery to see and read about what we can achieve when we come together!
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takitini.
It is not my strength alone, but the strength of many that contributes to my success.
Together, we can make an accessible and inclusive Aotearoa New Zealand a priority in this election year.
RSVP: Register before Wednesday 12 April to secure your spot.
NZSL interpreters and captions available.