The DPO Coalition has an exciting new opportunity available for an exceptional person to support us. The secretariat will provide a full range of administrative and executive support to the DPO Coalition and DPO Managers. Minute-taking experience is essential. There will be significant variation in the hours worked from one week to the next. This role will be challenging and rewarding. If you live outside Wellington travel will be required. Remuneration will be $50 – $60 per hour depending on experience.
Person Specification and Position Competencies
- demonstrated experience working in an environment in a similar role (experience may be in a voluntary or paid position);
- effective written and communication skills;
- an understanding of reasonable accommodation for disabled people;
- proven experience to provide the range of administrative skills required including minute-taking, attention to detail, and a systematic and organised approach;
- knowledge and proven ability in the use of the Microsoft suite of products;
- able to work flexible hours (varies significantly from week to week);
- proven ability to work under pressure and manage workload;
- intuitively welcoming and inclusive of diversity.
Full details are contained within the position description.
The DPO Coalition advocates and promotes respect for an understanding of human rights in New Zealand society.
We support equal employment opportunities and encourage disabled people to apply.
To express your interest in this role please, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Your cover letter should describe how you are a good fit for this role and how you meet the person specification.
Applications close 4pm, Thursday 2 November 2023.
The DPO Coalition comprises Association of Blind Citizens of New Zealand (Blind Citizens NZ), Balance Aotearoa, Deaf Aotearoa, Disabled Persons Assembly NZ (DPA), Muscular Dystrophy Association of New Zealand, People First New Zealand