Kia ora koutou
Representatives from the NZSL Board and the NZSL Office will travel around Aotearoa soon to meet and consult with the Deaf community and NZSL interpreters.
We will share information about interpreter standards and NAATI, and want your feedback.
The NZSL Board want feedback on how we can strengthen the work of interpreters and understand the issues from the community’s perspective.
Some examples of workforce issues: are there enough interpreters in NZ, professional development opportunities, developing and recognising specialist skills, and more.
We want your thoughts and ideas. Please use the link Community Meeting: NZSL Interpreter Standards Survey (surveymonkey.com) to RSVP for catering purposes.
The meetings will be held in NZSL only.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
- Christchurch | Thurs 20 July, 7 – 10pm, Deaf Society of Canterbury – 80 Fitzgerald Ave
- Invercargill | Fri 21 July, 6:30 – 9:30pm, South Alive – 262 Ness St
- Dunedin | Sat 22 July, 7 – 10pm, Otago Deaf Society – 68 Manor Place
- Nelson | Thurs 3 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Pūtangitangi Greenmeadows Centre
- Wellington | Fri 4 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Wellington Deaf Society – 17 Bannister Ave
- Taranaki | Sat 5 Aug, 7 – 10pm, The Plymouth Hotel – 220 Courtenay St
- Hawkes Bay | Thurs 10 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Hawkes Bay Deaf Club – 22 Lee Rd Napier
- Palmerston North | Fri 11 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Manawatu Deaf Society – 55B Totara Rd, Awapuni
- Tauranga | Sat 12 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Arataki Community Centre – 1 Zambuk Way, Mt Maunganui
- Whangārei | Thurs 24 August, 7 – 10pm, Distinction Hotel – 9 Riverside Dr
- Auckland | Fri 25 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Auckland Deaf Society – 16 Hillsborough Rd, Three Kings
- Hamilton | Sat 26 Aug, 7 – 10pm, Novotel – 7 Alma St