Applications can be made by anyone who:
- is 18-26 years old
- has a lived experience of disability
- can commit to attending up to three 2-day hui a year in-person, in Wellington (transport and accommodation is provided)
- is not currently involved with another Ministry of Education advisory
Applications opened on Monday 8th May at 9am
Applications close on Friday 26th May at 5pm
What does the AYPD do?
The AYPD operates within Te Mahau and is a way for disabled youth to:
- provide advice on projects and policies that will have an impact on other young people with disabilities still at school
- share their insights, perspectives, and experiences of school to help inform how we work, and how we improve the education system
- gain knowledge, skills and experiences as advisory members and make connections with Ministry teams and staff.
What is Te Mahau?
- Te Mahau is a part of Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | The Ministry of Education
- Te Mahau provides services and support for education staff and leaders, ākonga and whānau in the Regions
Members will be supported to learn the skills they need to participate. But it will be helpful if they feel confident and comfortable:
- working with other people, and as part of a team
- sharing their own perspectives
- communicating their ideas in person or online.
Submit your application
- Go to www.seeflow.co.nz/direct
- Choose ‘Te Mahau AYPD’ from the menu
- Fill in your other details
- Video record your comment
- Press ‘Submit’
Seeflow will translate your NZSL to English, and will send a copy to you and the Ministry of Education.
You can also create your own NZSL video on your device and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For questions, email email@example.com .
Applications open from 8 – 26 of May 2023
Click here to see more at the original web page at www.education.govt.nz
Share with your family and friends!