Deaf Aotearoa is looking for a Team Leader to join our growing Translation team. The Translation service is focused on providing access to information in New Zealand Sign Language.
Deaf Aotearoa provides a workplace which values diversity, and where both New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and English are used. We have a diverse workforce spread across the country.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we have Deaf-friendly work practices in place. We employ Deaf and hearing people at all levels and NZSL interpreters are provided for all meetings and training courses.
We encourage and support professional development and offer flexible, family-friendly work practices.
We are strongly committed to following organisation standards that ensure we provide quality systems, work practices and services. We perform service audits and review our policies regularly.
About the role
- Lead a team in the day-to-day operations of the Translation service
- Creation of NZSL content for the Deaf community
- Engage with the local Deaf community and provide support/information
- Work as an effective team member, ensuring that Deaf & hearing people who engage with Deaf Aotearoa receive a positive experience
- Promote the work and interests of Deaf Aotearoa
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification (or significant experience) in management or a role related discipline
- Experience in the development of video media resources for the Deaf community
- Relationship building skills and communication skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and managerial skills
- Ongoing commitment to Deaf Aotearoa’s Vision and Mission
- Fluent in New Zealand Sign Language
- A high level of attention to detail
- Preferred experience in working with the Deaf Community
- Experience in the not-for-profit/community sector
- Experience in using variety of IT systems and applications, proficient in using Microsoft Office independently
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi principles and Pacific values
Applications for this position close 1st September.
This is a full time, permanent position and can be based at any one of Deaf Aotearoa’s fourteen offices.
For more information, please contact Anna Foord at firstname.lastname@example.org