If you test positive for COVID-19, share your information with the Ministry of Health securely online to let others know if you may need extra help or support while you self-isolate.
About the COVID-19 contact tracing form
If you have trouble with the contact tracing form or you need any assistance filling it out, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 555 728.
Sharing details of where you have been helps to quickly identify high-risk locations that may need support to protect those most vulnerable in our community.
The COVID-19 contact tracing form lets you share:
- Contact and health details
- Household contacts
- High-risk locations
- COVID Tracer diary and Bluetooth data
After you’ve returned a positive PCR test, or you have uploaded your positive RAT result, you will be sent a link and access code via text from the number 2328 to fill out this form. Filling out this form could take up to 20 minutes.
The Ministry of Health stores this information securely. It will only be used for contact tracing and identifying any extra support you might need. Information is only shared with agencies who are helping with this work. Read the COVID-19 contact tracing form privacy statement.
Using the contact tracing form
Once you start this process, complete this form in one sitting using the same device and browser to avoid losing data already entered.
- Enter your access code and verify your identity with your date of birth. Select ‘Get started’.
- Read how the information you provide will be used. Tick the box and select ‘Accept and continue’.
- Provide alternate contact details, including the address where you will be self-isolating.
- Select if you have disabilities, including if you are a disabled person or tāngata whaikaha Māori (disabled Māori)
- Select if you are pregnant or gave birth in the last six weeks.
- Select if you may be immunocompromised (examples of conditions are provided)
- Provide details of underlying health conditions you may have.
- Note which symptoms you have experienced and when they started. If you haven’t had any symptoms, confirm this and we will use your test date to determine your infectious period.
- Provide your household contacts’ details, including people who you don’t live with permanently, but who you’ve lived with for some of your infectious period.
- Note if you’ve been to any of the high-risk locations listed during your infectious period.
- For each day of your infectious period, you will be asked if you’ve been to any of the high-risk locations.
- Let your close contacts and workplace/education institution know that you have COVID-19. These are people you have spent time with during your infectious period while not wearing a mask. They will need to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 10 days and get a test if they become symptomatic.
- Review and submit the information you have provided. You may be contacted for more details.
- Share the details from your COVID Tracer diary, if any. The diary upload code is the same code you used to access the COVID-19 Contact tracing form on the SMS you received.
- If you need any support to help you self-isolate, we can provide you with a link to apply for this from the Ministry of Social Development (MSD). Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- Note information on what happens next, how to self-isolate, and how to get financial and other support.