This post has been archived. The information in this post may have expired, or is no longer relevant, or is out of date.
Protect our border and MIQ workers
Who – approximately 50,000 people
- Border and MIQ employers and employees and the people they live with.
- This group includes cleaners, nurses who undertake health checks in MIQ, security staff, customs and border officials, hotel workers, defence and police staff who are eligible to be rotated into MIQ, airline staff, port authorities and vaccinators.
- Border and MIQ workers are most at risk of contracting COVID-19.
- We need to protect them and the people they live with.
- Vaccinating these people first also potentially reduces the risk of transmission in the community.
Workers get the vaccine at or near places of employment.
The people they live with are invited to get their vaccine at a range of places.