Face masks help reduce the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to wear a face mask whenever you leave the house.
A face covering will need to be a mask attached to the head by loops around the ears or head. This means scarves, bandannas, or t-shirts cannot be used.
At Red you must wear a face covering if you are:
- on domestic flights
- on public transport
- at arrival and departure points of public transport services
- in taxis and ride share vehicles
- in retail businesses
- at public venues/facilities (excluding swimming pools)
- at pharmacies
- at veterinary services and animal health and welfare services
- at courts and tribunals
- in specified social services
- at public area of premises operate by NZ Post Limited
- at premises operated by a central govt agency, a local authority, or NZ Police
- at healthcare services
- at aged care facilities
- inside at schools, for example a classroom and assemblies. This includes students in Years 4 to 13 and staff
- inside at tertiary education facilities
- when visiting a licensed early childhood service
- at food and drink businesses, close-proximity businesses (for example hairdressers and beauty salons), and events and gatherings.You can take your mask off to eat, drink or exercise.
It is strongly encouraged that you wear a face covering everywhere else.