Green is when there are some COVID-19 cases in the community and some imported cases. Community transmission will be limited and COVID-19 hospitalisations at a manageable level. The health system will be ready to respond, including primary care, public health, and hospitals.
How we stay safe at Green:
- Record keeping and scanning will be required
- Face coverings are mandatory on flights and encouraged indoors
Where we can go at Green:
- Public facilities
- ECEs, schools, kura and tertiary providers
- Specified outdoor community events
- Regional boundary restrictions won’t apply.
Places with vaccination certificate requirements
There will be no limits if vaccination certificates are used for:
- Gatherings (e.g. weddings, places of worship, marae)
- Events (indoor/outdoor)
- Close contact businesses
Places where vaccination certificates are not used
If a business, organisation or service, doesn’t request proof of vaccine, restrictions will apply.
- Hospitality — up to 100 people, based on 1m physical distancing, seated and separated
- Gatherings (e.g. weddings, places of worship, marae) — up to 100 people, based on 1m physical distancing
- Events (indoor/outdoor) — up to 100 people, based on 1m physical distancing, seated and separated
- Close contact businesses — face coverings for staff, 1m distancing between customers
- Gyms — up to 100 people, based on 1m physical distancing