At Alert Level 4, you must stay home other than for essential personal movement.
We encourage you to wear a face covering and keep 2 metres distance from others when leaving your home. Especially if it is difficult to maintain physical distance from others.
You legally must wear a face covering if you are a customer or an employee involving customer contact at a business or service operating at Alert Level 4.
This means, you legally must wear a face covering:
- on public transport and at departure points, for example train stations and bus stops
- on flights
- in taxi or ride-share vehicles — drivers and passengers
- when visiting healthcare facilities
- inside any Alert Level 4 businesses and services that are still open and involve customer contact, including supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations.
Current exemptions for face coverings remain in place. You do not need to wear a face covering if you are:
- under the age of 12
- have a physical or mental illness
- have conditions or disability that makes wearing a face covering unsuitable.