To travel to New Zealand quarantine-free, you must:
- meet all immigration requirements
- have spent 14 full days in New Zealand or the country you’re travelling to. For example, if you’re travelling from Australia you need to have spent the last 14 days in either Australia or New Zealand to be eligible for quarantine-free travel. You can travel from day 15
- have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days before you depart. If you have, you must have written advice from a health practitioner that you are no longer infectious
- not be waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- complete a travel declaration — you won’t be able to board the plane if you haven’t completed it
- answer questions about your health at departure. If you have a medical condition that explains any symptoms you may have, bring a medical certificate to avoid being denied boarding.
After you arrive in New Zealand
Keep track of where you’ve been
Download and use the NZ COVID Tracer app. You don’t need a New Zealand phone or a New Zealand Apple or Google account to download NZ COVID Tracer.
Download the NZ COVID Tracer App on the App Store
Download the NZ COVID Tracer App on Google Play
Stay home if you’re sick
If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and call:
- Healthline for free on 0800 358 5453
- your doctor, or
- your iwi health provider.
A health professional will advise whether you fit the criteria for testing. Call your doctor before visiting if you have any symptoms.