About the role
- Responding appropriately to requests for interpreters from Deaf Community members, Government departments and the general public.
- Prioritize requests for the bookings at the first opportunity.
- Works with flexibility.
- Undertake training in the booking system.
- Works well under pressure and is able to manage own workload to ensure there is time to assist and support service users efficiently.
- Key customer service principles of care, compassion and friendliness.
- Seek opportunities to actively promote iSign and Deaf Aotearoa and act in the best interest of Deaf Aotearoa.
- Role is based in Auckland.
Skills and experience
- High administration skills
- Experience in an admin/coordination position
- Experience in customer service & sales
- Relationship building skills
- Experience in the not-for-profit/community sector (good to have but not essential)
- Experience in using a variety of IT systems and applications (Microsoft Office)
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi & Pacific principles
Applications for this position close at 3pm on Friday 14th of May – Apply via SEEK
We also welcome applications in NZ Sign Language.
For a confidential discussion please contact Mark Crooke at email@example.com