Kia ora, tena kotou
As continuing the tradition for Presidents of Deaf Aotearoa, I will share the key messages after each Board meetings.
Executive Board had a meeting on 27th/28th March in Wellington, 2 days, lots of discussion and actions.
Last year AGM, President Oliver announced stepping down after next Board meeting. The Board acknowledged and thanks Oliver for his leadership. At the AGM we also announced Jake was resigning from the Executive Board we wished both good luck and for the future.
The Board received the news that Mark Berry has resigned as WFDYS president and want to acknowledge him for his hard work and his leadership.
The Board received a presentation from Victoria Manning about Deaf Aotearoa advocacy work and the DPO coalition. We appreciate the huge amount of effort Victoria have put into advocacy for many years.
The Board also discussed and clarified concerns from Deaf community about Job Support Funds with government officials from Ministry for Social Development, explaining the situation and hopefully better information shared soon.
The Board have reviewed the portfolios and allocated them, which will be available on website soon, and below.
- WFD Oceania: Joanne Klaver and Craig Findsen. Oliver Ferguson co-opt Delegate for WFD and Oceania until term finishes after the next Congress.
- DAHL Board: Joanne Klaver and Craig Findsen
- Youth Board: Meghan Coppage and Craig Findsen
- Maori Health Expert Advisory Group: Joanne Klaver
- Pacific Disability Forum: Celia King
- Disability MOH Consumer Consortium: Celia King
- DPO Coalition: Anthony Sammons
We have finalised Strategic Directions which we will launch In May
Shirley McKenzie Scholarship, the Board want to review the process and the applications dates. Do you have any feedbacks? We would like to see your feedbacks, email firstname.lastname@example.org