Follow basic health and hygiene precautions
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds) and dry thoroughly or use hand sanitiser.
- Keep a distance of 2 metres from other people, other than those in your ‘bubble’.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or cover your mouth and nose with tissues. Put them in a bin immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, including your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands are not clean. Surfaces may have infectious droplets.
Going outside your room
Movement outside your room is allowed only in a strictly controlled manner. Please respect and follow the protocols, guidance and directions of staff at your facility.
Wear your face mask at all times when outside your room, or if someone needs to enter your room for maintenance or cleaning. Make sure you follow the instructions to put on, wear, take off, and dispose of your mask safely (see Appendix four).
Only interact with people in your ‘bubble’ and stay 2 metres away from other returnees. Do not enter the hotel room of anyone who is not in your ‘bubble’.
Exercise within the facility
- We encourage all returnees to exercise within their rooms, where possible.
- Exercise sessions outside of the rooms or walks may be possible at some facilities. If available, they must be supervised and at a low level to reduce perspiration and heavy breathing. Please talk to on-site staff to see if this is possible at the facility you are staying at.
- Please remember to keep a distance of 2 metres from others if exercising outside.
- If you’re unwell you cannot exercise outside your room.
You are not permitted to take photos, film or audio-record in private areas at this facility. This includes the nurses testing and health rooms, and operations and security spaces.
If staff need to enter your room, please respect their privacy and turn off any film or audio recordings and do not take photos.
Supermarket and online shopping
You cannot leave the facility, but you can order items online and have them delivered to your facility. There are many supermarket online options, or other local shops that you can access. Talk to the hotel reception or on-site team. They will be able to advise what’s available.
There are health staff at all managed isolation facilities. Tell hotel staff you need to speak to a nurse who will be able to assist you with your prescription requirements.