About the role
- Develop Service Plans with service users which identify personal goals, strengths and support systems.
- Pre/post-employment: offer guidance, support, CV preparation, interview preparation.
- Marketing/Networking to potential employers/community
- Keep the Deaf community up to date through the distribution of written/video updates
- Deliver services with due care to the fundamental principles of being person centered; care and protection; privacy; empowerment and non-dependence.
- Carry an active caseload as directed by the Team Leader, and ensure all new referrals are managed through the correct process.
- Work as an effective member of the front-line service provision team, ensuring that Deaf & hearing people who visit Deaf Aotearoa receive a positive service experience.
- Promote the work and interests of Deaf Aotearoa
Skills and experience
- Relationship building skills
- Marketing, Networking and Business experience’
- Ongoing commitment to Deaf Aotearoa’s Vision and Purpose
- Bilingual – New Zealand Sign Language/English
- Preferred experience in working with the Deaf Community
- Experience in the not-for-profit/community sector
- Experience in using variety of IT systems and applications (Microsoft Office)
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi principles
- Able to legally drive in New Zealand and have own vehicle
Applications for this position close 3pm 4th July 2020.
This is a full-time position, can be located at either our Avondale or Manukau office.
We also welcome applications in NZ Sign Language.
For more information, please contact Anna Foord at email@example.com.