People at higher-risk of severe illness (including older people and disabled people) are encouraged to stay home where possible. If you can, continue to do your shopping online and have things delivered.
Food delivery services are already available, and some food takeaways will be available for delivery under Level 3. You can also ask someone you trust like a family member, friend or neighbour, to help deliver food to you. Remember, if someone is delivering food to your house you still need to stay two metres away from them. They cannot come inside.
Retail shops and food businesses can deliver to customers, or customers can order before and pick up, but you will not be able to enter the store.
If you need to leave home for groceries or other essential services, take additional precautions when leaving home.
- Keep two metres away from others
- Avoid touching surfaces and wash your hands before and after you shop
- Come prepared with a list so you can get in and out as quickly as possible
- If possible, only send one person from your household to do the whole shop
- Consider delivery or click and collect options to limit your contact with other people.
Services like electricians, builders and plumbers can come to your house if it is safe for them to do so. They must stay two metres away from you at all times.