You can do your usual exercise and recreation activities during Alert Level 2, provided you can do them safely.
This includes activities that were restricted previously, including:
- walking, biking and hunting on public conservation land
- swimming at a public swimming pool, but there will be restrictions
- going to the gym, but there will be restrictions
- boating and motorised water sports
- hunting during duck shooting season — starting Saturday 23 May
Initially, community sports will be limited to groups of 10.
Government is working with community sports organisations to work through how community sport can be restarted safely.
Professional leagues can go ahead at Alert Level 2 because they take place in controlled workplaces. The details for these events will be developed with Sport New Zealand and WorkSafe. Initially, they will happen without crowds but they can be broadcast.
High Performance Sport New Zealand activities can take place at Alert Level 2 using a controlled workplace approach in consultation with WorkSafe.