Schools will look different under Alert Level 3. There will be far fewer students on the grounds, and they will stay within their small groups. Some teachers will be teaching students at school, while others will providing distance learning.
Under Alert Level 3:
- Early Learning / Education Centres and schools will be open for children up to and including year 10
- All young people in years 11-13 will continue to learn at home.
- Home based early learning services can resume, in groups of no more than 4 children (including the educators own children)
- Play centres and play groups will be closed.
- All schools, Early Learning / Education Centres and home based early learning services that open must have appropriate public health measures in place.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) like gloves and masks are not necessary for a school environment.
Schools and Early Learning / Education Centres will contact parents as they work through their plans for re-opening.
It will take at least a week for Schools and Early Learning Services to get ready to open after we go to Alert Level 3.