During Alert Level 2, you can travel
- around your local area
- around the country
as long as you follow the rules to keep yourself and others safe.
You can use public transport, including buses, trains and flights.
You must not travel to events where more than 100 people are attending.
Ways you can stay safe while travelling during Alert Level 2:
- use public transport as little as possible, or use at off-peak times
- don’t sit next to, or stand near, someone you don’t know
- minimise the number of places you stop on the way to your destination.
- keep records of what travel services you use and keep track of who you have been in contact with
- practise good hygiene – handwashing, sneezing and coughing. You might want to wear a mask or something to cover your face
- If you’re flying or taking other forms of transport that involve bookings, follow the physical distancing instructions from your transport operators.
- You must not travel if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, awaiting your test result, or if you need to self-isolate.