The government is doing its best to support everyone in New Zealand during COVID-19.
Some things the government is doing include:
- Giving money to some businesses so that they can pay their workers’ wages while they stay at home (wage subsidy scheme).
- They are giving money to some people if they are self-employed and cannot work at home.
- They are helping businesses to organise their money, bills and taxes while they are closed.
If you receive a benefit, it will carry on.
If you need help with money, you can contact Work and Income, New Zealand.
General enquiries for under 65 – Call our general enquiries team anytime between:
- Monday to Friday – 7 am and 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday – 8 am and 1 pm
- Phone: 0800 559 009
If you are deaf, hearing-impaired or find it hard to communicate by phone you can contact us on:
- Deaf Link free-fax: 0800 621 621
- Text: 029 286 7170
- Email: MSD_Deaf_Services@msd.govt.nz
NZ Relay Help Desk Hours of Operation:
NZ Relay Help Desk services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
TTY: 0800 4 713 713
Voice: 0800 4 715 715
Fax: 0800 4 329 697
Help Desk email:
NZ RELAY Postal Address:
PO Box 106900
NZ Video Interpretation Service:
Hours of Services:
8am – 8pm -Monday – Friday
10am – 5pm – Saturday
12pm – 5pm – Sunday
- 0800 4 877 877