Skip to content Public spaces
- Public places that lots of people can visit at the same time are all closed.
- All bars, restaurants, cafes, gyms, cinemas, pools, museums, libraries, and other public places are closed.
- All playgrounds are closed. Nobody should play on them during Alert Level 4, even if they are not fenced off
- You can go outside to go for a walk or bike ride or get some fresh air, as long as you remember:
- You can only go outside by yourself, with someone you live with, or your essential support person. These people are what some people call your “bubble.”
- If you see anyone else while you are outside, even if you know them, you need to stay two metres away from them. Two metres is about the length of a couch or your bed.
- Public toilets may be closed. Contact your local council to find out if any toilets near you are open.
- You can only go outside to exercise near your house. You cannot drive somewhere or take the bus or train to exercise somewhere else
- Even when you are outside, you need to stay close to home. Choose a supermarket, dairy or pharmacy close to your house. Exercise in places you can walk to from your home.