Message from the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) – 26th March 2020
People who are Deaf or hard of hearing can use the following means of contacting MSD.
- Deaf Link free-fax: 0800 621 621
- Text: 029 286 7170
- E-mail: MSD_Deaf_Services@govt.nz
Because of the volume of requests there may be a delay in getting back to you
- But Please don’t worry – you’ll continue to be paid your regular benefit payments.
- MSD has done a bunch of things to make it easier for now.
- If you’re already getting Jobseeker Support, Sole Parent Support or Supported Living Payment, you don’t need to provide another medical certificate (for renewals/extensions).
- If you’re already getting Disability Allowance and Child Disability Allowance you don’t need to do anything – they will continue to be paid.
- For now there will be no annual reviews, including confirming your circumstances, annual circumstances, social housing reviews or life certificates.
- Special benefits won’t expire.
- Any new obligations failures will be put off.